|I am Proud To Be an INDIAN|
Day in and day out, we proudly say that I am Proud to be an Indian. India wins a medal in Olympics; our Facebook status is updated immediately with the same information. Indian team wins the world cup and we are on the top of the world. Here I feel proud to mention some points how we are unique from the rest of the world.
• India is world’s oldest, largest & continuous civilization.
• Millions of gods and goddesses, we are a millionaire in spirituality and religion.
• My nation is world’s largest democracy.
• India never invaded any country in its glorious history of 10,000 yrs.
• We invented the number system with zero being invented by Acharya Aryabhatta.
• Ayurveda is the world’s oldest technique of medicine invented in India by Acharya Charaka nearly 2500 yrs ago.
• Concept of Surgery was first invented in Hindustan by Acharya Sushruta.
• The art of navigation was born in my nation 6000 yrs ago in the river Sindhu.
• When many cultures were only nomadic forest dwellers over 5000 years ago, Indians established Harappan culture in Sindhu Valley (Indus Valley Civilization).
• Sanskrit, famously known as the mother of all languages, is the most suitable language for computer software - a report by Forbes magazine dated July 1987.
• Chess (also known Shataranj) was invented in India.
• India is one of the few countries in the world, which gain independence without violence.
• We have the second largest pool of Scientist and Engineers in the World.
• India is the largest English speaking nation in the world.
• India is the only country other than US and Japan, to have built a super computer indigenously.
• India has the largest number of Post Offices in the world.
• Indian Railways is one of the largest employers in the world, employing over a million people.
• Bharat was one of the richest countries till the time of British rule in the early 17th Century. Christopher Columbus, attracted by our wealth, had come looking for a sea route to India when he discovered America by mistake.
• Malana village of Himachal Pradesh is the oldest democratic setup in the whole world.
• Varanasi, also known as Benaras, was called "the Ancient City" when Lord Buddha visited it in 500 B.C., and is the oldest, continuously inhabited city in the world today.
• Martial Arts were first created in Hindustan, and later spread to Asia by Buddhist missionaries.
• Yoga has its origins in India and has existed for over 5,000 years.
This is what our nation has given us to be proud of. What have we given to our nation? Nothing yet. Let today be the day to start with.
We need not be the best to start with, but to be the best, we need to start somewhere.
We have a glorious and rich cultural heritage; let’s join hands to make the future even brighter.
Bharat Mata Ki Jai, Vande Mataram.